Friday, August 24, 2012

First day of Kindergarten

Today's the big day.  The first day of Kindergarten for Gina at Eastview Elementary School.  She was so excited as she has always wanted to ride the bus (partly because since she was a baby and Grandma watched her, they would look out the windows and watch the buses go by.  I think that Yellow and Bus might have been Gina's first words). 

Well, as we waited for the bus, Gina said "I'm scared".  I replied "but you are so excited last night".   Gina said "I know, it's just that my legs are scared".    I replied "you will be fine.  You get to finally ride the bus."






She did great! She was excited, happy and eager to play as soon as she got home. It was also good that our neighbor, Alyssa, was there to help her and teach her the bus rules. They sat togther on the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment